Sunday, January 16, 2011

The real scoop.

Leann here.
Over the next few weeks, my characters from my latest book will blog their thoughts and feelings. I hope you'll enjoy the insights.

Welcome to my world.


My name is Sophie Powell. My story and Zachary McClure’s story is told in SECOND CHANCE RANCH. I now own the equine therapy ranch, but getting here wasn’t easy. I never knew this is what I wanted to do with my life, but after I spend a tour in the Army as a medic in Iraq and seeing the wounds that occurred to my patients, I wanted to be a doctor that is until I went to a continuing education program for medics at Washington D.C. I visited one of the men I treated and heard how he was riding horses and learning how to walk again with his artificial leg. At that moment, my life changed.
I grew up with horses. Rode and adored them, and when I saw what benefit the men and women were getting from the horses, I knew God had shown me the path he wanted me to take.
It hasn’t’ been an easy journey, but one I would not trade for anything in the world. Come back tomorrow. I’ll share more. I can see these mountains from my front porch.

No comments:

Post a Comment