Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Introductions

I’m Zachary McClure. I was the first soldier to be at Second Chance Ranch. And I probably wouldn’t have ever walked into that place, but I have a sister who is a royal pain and loves me and wouldn’t let me stay in my funk.
I was Army. Cavalry. Of course, I grew up on a ranch and horses were in my blood. I also did some rodeoing. Well, I thought I’d never ride again after I lost my right leg below the knee when I was in Iraq. I remember having that ‘feeling’ when we came across the car on the side of the road. We were withdrawing when the world exploded. The next thing I knew, I woke up in Walter Reed without part of my right leg. I thought it was the end of the world, but God had a different plan for my life. And thanks to my pushy sister and a driven ex-medic, I’ve been given a new direction in my life.
I hope you’ll read our story and join us on our journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment