Wednesday, January 26, 2011

My 2 Cents


Sophie, here. I want to give my friend Beth McClure credit for my relationship with Zach. Beth and I were college roommates. When she took me home that weekend, I didn't suspect a thing.
I was standing the the kitchen when the back door flew open and a man stomped in. He was dripping wet, grumbling about the "stupid hole, his horse and his new boots." When he looked up and his eyes connected with mine, the world shifted. My stomach flipped. He later admitted he felt the same connection.
That zing I felt must’ve been felt by everyone else in the kitchen, because Beth had satisfied smile on her face. So did her mom and Ethan.
The rest of the weekend, Zach avoided me like the plague. Beth gambled on that we'd fall in love. She was right, but it only took 10 years.

No comments:

Post a Comment