Thursday, January 20, 2011

I'll take the Blame

Hey, guys. I am Beth McClure. Zachary is one of my brothers. The other is Ethan. Unfortunately, I was the youngest. I always wanted to tag along with my older brothers, but they didn't want me any where near them that is until I turned 13. Suddenly, I had a big brother glued to my side and scaring off any boy who wanted to talk to me. But that's water under the bridge.
I was the one who helped Zach out of his funk. Yes, he had a reason to have a bad attitude. He lost his right leg from the knee down to a roadside bomb. It tore all us up. We prayed for him. And my parents didn't know how to act. Too much would smother him and not enough--
Well, I knew what Zach needed. My college roommate, who is ex-army herself, was working at a ranch where they wanted to start equine therapy program for wounded veterans. It was an answer to prayer. Of course, getting Zach there was not an easy feat. I had to nag and nag and after about two weeks, he gave up and said he would try one afternoon. That's all he needed. He was hooked. A cowboy like him couldn't walk away from the wonderful smells of a stable and horses. Of course, my prayer life increased ten fold, but it was worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment