Sunday, May 9, 2010

Happy Mother's Day


I want to wish everyone a Happy Mother's Day. Life changes dramatically when you become a mother. It's no longer just you and your hubby. There's another little life depending on you. My husband likes to tease me that I just got over my postpartum depression when the kids went to high school. I ask you what does he know?

I will say that I was overwhelmed with baby one. Suddenly, I was to know how to do this thing of being a mother. How? When my husband brought me home from the hospital his family was gathered at the house. I wanted to hide in the bedroom and cry. It is the on the job training. I was successful in some area and in others, I needed a lot of prayer.

My mom is a amazing woman. She could battle an army and not be tired. Well, she was an Army nurse for a brief time and has the gift of nursing. If you were sick, she was the nurse you wanted on the case. She knew when something was going wrong with her patient and she'd fight tooth and nail for that patient. Many a doctor thought she was a pain in the rear, but they wanted her for their patients and their families.

I didn't get that gift of nursing, but I always knew when my babies were sick. How? They smelled different. I could smell the change in their body chemistry. You may doubt me, but when I took them to the doctor, they were sick.

I want to thank my mother for all her care and wish her a wonderful day. And to all the other mothers, have a blessed day.

No comments:

Post a Comment